La Chiusa reopens after renovation

George Sell By George Sell
17 May 2019 | Updated 17 May 2019

Italy: La Chiusa, an 18-room boutique hotel in Tuscany with a Michelin-star restaurant, has reopened following a renovation.

The hilltop building dates back to the 1300s when it was originally a watch tower. It was transformed into an olive oil mill in 1645, and later a hotel in 1978. The current owners, George and Linda Meyers purchased the property in 2018 and renovated it prior to its current reopening. It is surrounded by an olive grove with more than 900 trees which are used to make olive oil each year for use in the restaurant.

La Chiusa's garden-to-table restaurant is now under the direction of new executive chef Allesandro Goracci, who uses fresh, locally sourced ingredients. Specialties include pea soup, suckling pig, handmade pasta and bread, and the signature dessert, a black olive paste (made by soaking black olives in Scotch) and gelato sundae, topped with fresh crème, vanilla ice cream, pistachios, and a raspberry balsamic blend. Guests are welcome to stop into the kitchen during the day to enjoy a slice of fresh baked cake or a piece of cantucci.

Guests can also book private cooking classes which take place in the hotel's kitchen.

La Chiusa is centrally located in the Tuscany region with easy access to Pienza, Siena, Perugia and Montepulciano.

Be in the know.

Subscribe to our newsletter »
Subscribe

Our Events

Thank you sponsors

Subscribe to our Newsletter »